Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thing number 17, Play in the sandbox

Okay, I logged in with the invite key. My name I put in as alisaslibraryblog. Hmm, first I have to find the sandbox. Well, I switched to classic mode, and sandbox appeared on the right. Hmm, I clicked that, but it looks strange, so I hit the back button. Ah, now the Sandbox link is usable! I added under the Luke Skywalker image, "My favorite library system is OCL." Hehe. Brownie points anyone? Have to admit I didn't see the other categories. Let's see if this saves. Yep, it did. Well, I added up to favorite energy drink is red bull. I tried making the bjorgul line bold, but no matter how I tried it just didn't take. Oh well :)

Okay I added my blog, and ah, it linked itself! Cool :) OH, and btw, I clicked on Comments too on the sandbox, just because. I can see how this can be useful for work, as library systems separated by distance can add to wikis-for instance maybe the Hancock County Library system can say its thanks to OCL in a wiki and maybe ask for a list of resources that OCL can then edit and then Hancock can say yes this one worked and oh, have you seen this? Silly example I know, but I see the great cooperative features that this can have, with information sharing. Anywho, on to the next thing.

No comments: