Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thing number 14, Technorati

Well, we're back at Technorati. Not being able to get the quicktime video of Technorati tour to work quickly-hehe-I just scrolled down to so, in summary, and okay, whoever did summarize their achievements did a good job because I think I thawed a bit. It's still not my favorite site, but this:

"If there's one thing I'm sure of, after 20 years of building internet services and web businesses, it's that we haven't got it all right. We're going to spend a lot of time listening to you, and fixing, tuning, and tweaking. What have we got wrong? What is still broken? Believe me, I have a list about 3 feet long of those! What have we missed?

I'd appreciate it if you can use the tag technoratifeedback on your posts, or send a trackback or comment on this post. I can't promise I'll get back to everyone with an immediate answer, but I promise that I'll read them all."


Does seem to say that this is not a static site but indeed a growing and an evolving one. I did the keyword search for Learning 2.0 in the search box, and got this:

"Sorry, there was an error when running your search.

Try running your search again, it might have just been a hiccup.

If that doesn't work, we might be experiencing some temporary problems. We've been notified that a search didn't go through and we're in the process of fixing it."


Maybe it's just me, or maybe it knew I didn't like it that much? (Cue Twilight Zone theme) Oh wait, never mind. I ran it again and did get results. Weird. I got this:

Games 2.0?
http://gametomorrow.com/ blog/ index.php/ 2008/ 05/ 28/ games-20/
So I was at the Web 2.0 Conference a month ago (good grief, a month ago already?) ... it. And it's not just "games learning from Web 2.0" — the reverse is just as true, as games, especially online ...

(P.S. Don't you just love copy and paste? I do, I really really do...)

But that was on the Posts tab. When I clicked on Blogs, I got this as one result:

eLearning Technology
http://elearningtech.blogspot.com
Authority: 266
Ongoing discussion of eLearning, eLearning Technology and the impact of technology on the future of learning.

As for popular, well I'm usually not into popular stuff. TV shows I like tend to not attract the mainstream, likewise books and interests, but in one case, top search number one was, surprisingly, Dell. Seeing as I'm kinda interested in computers and laptops and heard a lot about Dell, that's cool. Another search top is icq-I have that but haven't used it in awhile, I'm usually on MSN Messenger. One of the top blogs by fans is "Blog Tips to Help You Make Money Blogging - ProBlogger"-hmm, money for blogging-now that's an idea. Well hey, I'm doing my best to catch up so my blogging gets an mp3 player, so there you go.

I didn't really find any blogs I'd continue reading, but I'm pressed for time and might go back later. I tried a search for beading, but it came up with the same error page as earlier so I think I'm done with Technorati for now. Ditto for the optional part. As technology oriented as I am, Technorati and I don't seem to be on the same page at the moment. But that's okay, I'm having a lot of fun testing out plenty of other Learning 2.0 things.

No comments: