Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thing number 23, Wrapping Up

(Does the Macarena) I'm done, I did it, woo hoo, yee haa! Celebrate good times, come on! Wait Web 3.0? Ahhhhhh. Yep I enjoyed this and will continue to be a lifelong learner. Knowlege is power :)

Gulp, you want a good post? Ummmmm. I thought it was party time? Lol. Well, let's hit the main points. "What was your favorite thing you learned about?" Gee, that is kinda tough. There's a lot I liked. Worldcat jumps in there, and YouTube, oh, and flickr!!! I find I'm actually using that a lot now. Didn't think I would. Oh and Librarything. And Google Docs! I'm definitely going to use that for collaboration on a story. And del.icio.us! Using that a lot already. Um.....can we say it's a tie of a lot of them?

"Conversely, what did you like least about Web 2.0?" Well now that is easy, Technorati, which never really worked well for me. I'm also not using Bloglines that much-um, or at all since I worked on it? Guess that one will take time.

"What areas of Web 2.0 do you think the library should get more involved in?" Well the library is already involved in del.icio.us and wikis and blogs. I'm kinda following the lead. Short of making some more really cool YouTube videos to talk about all the new services that the library of today has to offer I'm not sure what to say. I just did a Google search for ocean county library podcast and lo and behold found this:

Podcasting @ Ocean County LibraryOct 17, 2006 ... Listen to a Arashi Setsuna, original character, cosplay during the finals of our contest at Ocean County Library's annual Bookfest ...
oceancountylibrary.podomatic.com/


Guess you could do more updated podcasts and vodcasts-more videos of library programs to reach around the world.

"What Web 2.0 services have you shared with your friends and family?" Um, my mom looked at my blog-does that count? :) And I shared my blog with my online friends. Haven't gotten any feedback yet.

Well that seems to be that. Huh. I think I might post a couple more things to this blog, like my kitchen in progress pictures and maybe bracelets that I make, or even just keep this as my blog. I find, after all this, that I'm posting and enjoying posting to this more than I do my Livejournal (gasp!) Maybe it's because I've felt really free to be me. I've let out a lot of opinions I didn't realize I had, and this has definitely been a learning experience. I'm glad I did this and finished it, not just for the mp3 player but also because it has enriched me as a person.

Thank you for promoting this, and when Web 3.0 comes along, count me in to learn the Things :) Hope you have a great day!

No comments: