Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thing number 21, Finding and listening to Podcasts

 
Ooh watching the video makes me think of my favorite show, maybe they'll have that. I guess I can try to download iTunes-don't think it worked the last time I tried though. Heh, I don't have an iPod or mp3 player...yet ;) Ahh vodcast. Have heard of that actually. Hmm, vodcast is on...youtube! Heh.

Went to Podcast.com and clicked on television and movies on the right, then clicked on more television... put in a search for supernatural and found the crossroads podcast of eps.

It wouldn't give an exact link, here is from the link bar http://podcast.com/

search for podcasts: supernatural crossroads
(The first time I just put in Supernatural and then went through a couple of pages till I saw that one.)

And here is what I clicked the little play button for:

Crossroads - Episode 25 - Salute
posted: 7 weeks, 17 hours, 48 minutes, 52 seconds ago This week, I tried out some new music for the podcast (Hopefully you like it), along with reviewing the mini-Supernatural convention that occurred recently, go through your e-mails along with the latest in news and spoilers. ENJOY!!!!


But it wasn't easy to control the player at all, till I went there again (refreshed it) and then the little player allowed me to pause it. I dunno, will probably have to give it a more thorough looking at when I'm not in a time crunch :) I have seen podcasts actually on livejournal, where writers will have stories in a podcast format for listening, and you just click a link. I'm guessing that's where you'll join a site so you can post or host your podcast.

Oh and hey, you can do a yahoo search for listen to podcasts and I found this: http://www.discovery.com/radio/podcasts.html I think there are a ton of places to listen to podcasts out there. The only problem is in having enough time to find and listen to them all, lol. Y'know, maybe I will click a link to listen to a story. I'm very visual and love to read, but listening to an author read a story the way they mean it to be heard can be a very authentic experience as well.

No comments: