Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thing number 19, Web 2.0 Awards

Wow, long list there. Oh, I've heard of Pandora. I actually have used something called Live365, where you can listen online. Oh colors-that's neat. Okay, clicked on Web 2.0 Awards and picked "Collaborative Writing and Word Processing". Aha, guess who is number one? Yep, that's right, Google Docs. I'm beginning to think that Google is to the internet what Ma Bell was to telephones till it was broken up-it's getting mighty big there. And the thing is, they have the money to back up their mouth. Their products and services are all first rate, from email to images to web search to shopping and now to documents. Hmm.

Oh, Employment and jobs-Standout jobs is number one? Here I thought it would be Monster.com. And the one I like, careerbuilder, is number two. Who'da thunk it?

Okay, "Create a blog post about a Web 2.0 Award winner that you would like to use and why."

I think I'd like to use Real Estate first place Zillow.com, because it'll be cool to see what places are available once I win the lottery. No really! It's called if you imagine it and program it and believe in it it can happen. I believed I would work in this library system. It took several interviews and over two years of putting in my application but I kept going to the library and seeing myself working in one of them and wala, today here I am. So if I look at all the houses for sale and say yeah, that one will be great, if I get x amount after taxes I can afford to pay for it outright then maybe I will win and can go to the site and use it for real :) The zip code search was very easy, and oh cool, it shows a satellite image of the area! Neater than realtor.com, where I go sometimes to look :)

Gonna try and get the rest of the things done tonight at work-wish me luck :)

No comments: