Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thing number 10, Technology blogging

The discovery exercise says to "...simply blog about anything technology related. Yes, it can be anything that relates to technology! Just share a few thoughts."

That's it? Well hmm. How about this?...(is drooling):

Asus Eee PC I found on flickr.



Ain't she purty? A light laptop you can take anywhere, and connect to the internet wirelessly. Boy do I want one :)

How about pictures? Digital cameras are definitely technology. To that end, this picture is one I edited. I took a picture of the Pacific Ocean when I visited my brother and nephew, and then put some other pictures I had into that picture using the Microsoft photo editor on my computer to make a wallpaper.

Pic for work blog

More: this photo I scanned in (scanners are Technology) is of me holding a present my friend gave me for my birthday, a Palm PDA (personal digital assistant). With that technology I can download stories from the computer and read them at my leisure.



Oh and one thing I do agree will impact libraries are e-books. My PDA came with "The Wizard of Oz" and "The Last of the Mohicans" already installed on it. It's not the same as reading a nice physical book, but just like audio books can now be downloaded from the computer it's just a short hop to novels and the latest bestsellers. And I'm wondering-maybe home borrowers who have access to the computer might find that a convenient way to read their books? Without waiting for volunteers to come by. Hmm. Hopefully though that is a long way off-the sheer amount of children's books that go out in a day makes me think libraries won't become all digital anytime soon.

Now I'm off to go comment on a coworker's blog :) Have a good day!

No comments: